Android strace command error: “PTRACE_SYSCALL doesn't work: Function not implemented”

Sedeeq Al-Khazraji sedeeq.alkhazraji at gmail.com
Mon Jan 18 23:21:48 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I need to use strace on a rooted Android Asus ZenFone 2E, Intel Atom, x86.
So, I get a working binary for strace and run it on other phone "Sony
Xperia WT91I" and it is working perfectly. But when I tried to run the same
command on Asus ZenFone 2E, it did not work.
The command is:

strace -f -c -p 123

The resulted error is:

    PTRACE_SYSCALL doesn't work: Function not implemented

I need you help. Please.
Best regards.
Sedeeq,
Sedeeq.Alkhazraji at Gmail.com

--
Sincerely,

Sedeeq Al-Khazraji
Ph.D student in Computing and Information Sciences at Rochester Institute
of Technology
Rochester NY.

+1-585-406-8767
This
email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
<#DDB4FAA8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>