make check failing on times with -m32

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Fri Jan 15 03:37:07 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 02:31:01AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 05:00:30AM +0300, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> >On Fri, Jan 08, 2016 at 05:33:08PM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:
> >[...]
> >> Thanks, that seems to work - all the tests pass now.
> >>
> >> 4.11-1 is in Debian incoming right now with this as the only code
> >> change on top of what was released in 4.11.
> >
> >According to https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=strace
> >it failed several tests on some architectures.
> >
> >I'm not surprised by mips test failures since mips had relatively poor
> >prerelease testing, but arm and alpha were expected to pass their tests.
> >
> >Unfortunately, "make check" was made without VERBOSE=1 specified,
> >so there are no details why those tests failed.
> >
> >Steve, could you re-run "make check" with VERBOSE=1
> >on failed architectures to get some details?
>
> Coincidentally, I've just been doing exactly that already this
> evening. I'm in the middle of hacking on a script to run tests
> periodically on the various Debian porter boxes, so should be able to
> give you some better and more timely results in future too.
>
> Results from VERBOSE=1 shortly.

I suppose all lseek.test failures is the same test suite issue fixed by
commit v4.11-162-g8e37cff, all s390x test failures is Debian bug #485979
fixed by commit v4.11-159-g1763fa5, and mips seccomp.test failure is
likely a mips kernel bug (introduced by commit v3.14-rc5-24-g4c21b8f,
fixed by commit v4.2-rc6-1-g9f16143).