Working on -e trace

haris iqbal haris.phnx at gmail.com
Wed Feb 17 11:26:39 UTC 2016

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 5:54 AM, Dmitry V. Levin <ldv at altlinux.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 09:04:56PM +0530, haris iqbal wrote:
> [...]
>> And the part of adding to syscallent.h file, I understood. But man
>> there are too many files. ;)
>
> Right, but you can edit them all with a single sed script. ;)

True that. :)

>> Another thing. If I did not miss any step above then I can start thinking
>> about the new category to be added.
>
> What category seems the most promising so far?

Ok,  I did a little research to find out the system calls that are
missing a group. And I found some calls that can be made into groups.
They are as follows.

1) Timer and Clock type. This group will include all the system calls
that create per-process timers, and the ones that work on clocks.
Example : timer_* and clock_*. May be others also.

2) Another one that can be added, which Dmitry suggested in the
beginning was all system calls dealing with uid and gid.

3) The last one which I noticed that can be added are the system calls
which deal with scheduler. sched_* system calls.

NOTE: If there are any suggestions, please feel free to comment. :)