make check failing on times with -m32

Steve McIntyre steve at einval.com
Sun Apr 17 23:09:55 UTC 2016

On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 02:31:01AM +0000, Steve McIntyre wrote:

>Coincidentally, I've just been doing exactly that already this
>evening. I'm in the middle of hacking on a script to run tests
>periodically on the various Debian porter boxes, so should be able to
>give you some better and more timely results in future too.
>
>Results from VERBOSE=1 shortly.

Wow, this has taken a while to get back to - sorry... :-(

However, I now have stuff in place to run a HEAD build automatically
for all the Debian (release) arches nightly and push logs out. See

  http://www.einval.com/debian/strace/build-logs/

for the logs, split by architecture. Please let me know if this is
useful - I'm open to suggestions for changes.

In the meantime, I'm still struggling to get strace 4.11 to pass test
suite checks for all our arches. I've backported fixes for test suite
failures in lseek and llseek and now armel and armhf build OK. But
pselect6() is failing due to a mismatch in output - see
pselect6-NSIG.patch attached.

I still have outstanding failures for:

mips/mipsel: prctl-seccomp-filter-v
	     prctl-seccomp-strict
	     pselect6 *
	     rt_sigsuspend

mips64el:    bpf
	     execveat-v
	     execveat
	     fcntl
	     fstat
	     lstat
	     membarrier
	     mlock2
	     newfstatat
	     pselect6 *
	     stat
	     userfaultfd

* hopefully fixable with my patch.

The logs I have should show all these errors in enough detail, I hope.

I'm hoping to get patches done for these other test failures too, but
I can't promise anything in the next few days.

--
Steve McIntyre, Cambridge, UK.                                steve at einval.com
You raise the blade, you make the change... You re-arrange me 'til I'm sane...