./bootstrap failing

Christopher Covington cov at codeaurora.org
Fri Mar 6 20:14:26 UTC 2015

Hi Mike,

On 03/06/2015 02:43 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 06 Mar 2015 13:29, Christopher Covington wrote:

>> I want this behavior so that from a simple shell script I can build the latest
>> git checkout of strace, starting from the very beginning, in a directory that
>> may have a previous build present. If anyone has suggestions of a better way
>> to do this, please let me know.
>
> if you care about this, then build out of tree:
>  d="build/$(date +%s)"
>  mkdir -p "$d"
>  cd "$d"
>  ../../configure ...

Thanks for the response. Just to be clear, you're suggesting running
./bootstrap in-tree and then configure, and subsequent steps out-of-tree? I've
been making a copy of the source into a working directory and doing an in-tree
build in the working directory in order to keep the source directory pristine,
but I'm having trouble remembering a real reason for the pristine source
directory now that I think about it. Maybe it was that my default git commands
might fail given conflicts, but I can change them to be more forceful.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,