[GSOC2015] JSON Formatting

Luca Clementi luca.clementi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 17:29:04 UTC 2015

On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Philippe Ombredanne
<pombredanne at nexb.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 3, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Louis Feuvrier <louis at feuvrier.org> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> My name is Louis Feuvrier and I'm a student at EPITA, a computer science
>> school in Paris. I have been working on low-level problems for most of
>> my time at school now and always felt drawn to open source development.
>> I've wanted to contribute to something useful to others.
>>
>> The proposal about re-working on the JSON output formatting interests
>> me. It feels like an abstraction problem that I can manage. What also
>> seduced me about this project is that the code base is still relatively
>> small, and would allow me to grasp a lot of the logic pretty early on.
>> The fact that it is widely used is also a great argument for me.
>

> Hello Louis, and thank you for your interest in strace!
> I will reply in details later
>
>> I'm trying to read-up on the mailing list and the decisions taken last
>> year as part of the GSOC2014. If you know how to retrieve a more
>> text-based and readable version of the archive, I would be glad to
>> know about it as well.
>
> I think we would all be quite pleased too if there was such a thing at
> sourceforge.
> I wonder if the list could be archived elsewhere ...

Gmane is an option but it goes back only few months (I suppose it was
recently added):
http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.strace.devel

I think you are left with only the sourceforge archive:
http://sourceforge.net/p/strace/mailman/strace-devel/

Luca