I: ioctl command parser now takes all 32 bits of ioctl commands into account

Christopher Covington cov at codeaurora.org
Wed Jan 28 22:40:04 UTC 2015

Hi Dmitry,

On 01/21/2015 09:21 PM, Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've just pushed commit v4.9-222-gdf7aa2b that implements 32-bit ioctl
> command decoding.  It has been tested with "make check" on arm oabi,
> arm eabi, mips, mipsel, powerpc, powerpc64, sparc, x86, and x86_64.
>
> There is a tests/ioctl.test now, so you will never see again these
> annoying TCGETS collisions on architectures where this test passes.
>
> As a part of this change, ioctlsort is now used at build time.
> The trick is that ioctlsort is now being compiled with headers of the
> target system, so please check how it works in case of cross-building.

Since commit df7aa2b19e6f69c19fbe09180bf1ec4fb52e2615 we've not been able to
get a cross compilation to work without modifying the makefile. I'm not sure
if this is what you intended, but generally, we've been overriding
ioctlsort_VAR makefile variables by specifying them on the right hand side of
the make invocation. However there is one variable, ioctlsort_CPPFLAGS which
is a superset of AM_CPPFLAGS, which we want to keep, and CPPFLAGS, which we
want to override (maybe with an empty string, I don't recall at the moment).
Would it be possible to in the place of CPPFLAGS introduce an intermediate
variable, such as ioctlsort_OVERRIDEABLE_CPPFLAGS, initially set to CPPFLAGS
but potentially overridden by (right hand side) command line arguments to make?

Thanks,
Chris

--
Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of the Code Aurora Forum,