Q: alternative hosting for strace-devel mailing list

Luca Clementi luca.clementi at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 02:14:58 UTC 2015

On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:37 PM, Philippe Ombredanne <pombredanne at nexb.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 4:19 PM, Luca Clementi <luca.clementi at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 1:06 PM, Philippe Ombredanne <
> pombredanne at nexb.com>
> > wrote:
> >> I do not know of any satisfying alternative. Google groups is rather
> >> crass.
> >
> > What's the problem with Google groups?
> > We use that for a bunch of 'minor' software projects I'm involved with.
>
> Try to get a sane and clean patch through with Google groups....
> Try to use the web interface from different countries too...
> It is trying to be too clever on threading and html presentation and
> is MO too much consumer-oriented for doing us any good.

Web interface should be only used for administrative purpose.
Not for composing!!
That is terrible I know.

If you send the patch through git send-email (that's what I use), it works
properly. (I suppose serious email client should also work).

You can disable posting through the web interface and you can also disallow
rich text format email.

I have used both sourceforge and google group and IMHO the latter is
superior.

But if you can get a list on VGER that might be a better option.

Luca