strace logo sillyness

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Mon Feb 23 17:54:36 UTC 2015

On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 3:54 AM, Alangi Derick <alangiderick at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 3:01 AM, Philippe Ombredanne
> <pombredanne at nexb.com> wrote:
>> To complete our application as a Google summer of Code org, having a
>> logo was mandatory, so I designed this highly sophisticated logo in a
>> jiffy:
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/strace/wiki/Home/attachment/strace.png
>> strace mark in Arial Black Narrow, black on white, 256x256 pix,
>> slightly off the middle of the image
>> There you go: we now have an official logo.
>> Improvements welcomed, such as finding a better shade of black.

> Hello, the logo you did was nice but i think i have a better vision of
> a Strace logo, i am working on it now and i will give you the demo as
> soon as i am done. Is that ok?

That is sure OK, but there is a reason why I titled the email "logo sillyness".
This is not something that is very important and is a tad silly and
ironic to have for a CLI system tool.
Nevertheless a good or better logo is mostly harmless.

Unrelated, when replying to emails, please remove/strip the cruft
added by sourceforge to the bottom of each posts.
Keeping it does not help with readability
--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne