email mangling on gmane group

Samuel Bronson naesten at gmail.com
Thu May 29 03:59:50 UTC 2014

Right now, the gmane group for this mailing list mangles all email
addresses (along with anything else that looks like one).  This is
fairly annoying when it happens to, for example, git patches, which (if
accepted) will be readily mineable anyway.

I think the list owner can disable it (for NNTP users, not web users) at
<http://gmane.org/info.php?group=gmane.comp.sysutils.strace.devel>.

(Also note that determined entities can cross-compare gmane and
mail-archive.com to assemble complete addresses in any case.)