Pathnames followed by "..." when printed using printpathn

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Wed May 28 15:53:16 UTC 2014

On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 4:42 PM, Zubin Mithra <zubin.mithra at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've added in the code for converting all paths that are printed via
> printpathn(hence, all paths via printpath too). Please find the code at [1].
> The sample output can be found here[2].
> [1]
> https://github.com/eQu1NoX/strace/commit/b17aa1a8a20a8171ad1266fa13ffd492f3e23d3f
> [2] https://gist.github.com/eQu1NoX/35e66c569c4a3f06cfd3

I see you are printing only the relative path if you failed to get a
real path for some reason.
I wonder if there could be something that could hint the reader that
absolute path resolution failed?
FWIW, the same could be said for failing fds resolution, I can see
sometimes traces with a 255 unresolved descriptor.
--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne