Using "-c" and CTRL+C

Bud Millwood budm at weird-solutions.com
Wed May 7 14:54:40 UTC 2014

Hi all, I'm not on this list but I'll keep an eye out for a response
to this message.

In the past I noticed that if I ran "strace -c" against a process, I
could press CTRL-C and strace would print out the statistics it had
collected so far, then exit. It now seems to just exit without
printing any of the statistics.

I use strace to analyze where my application is spending its time, but
it's important that I start and stop strace long after the target
process has started and long before it has stopped. In other words,
there is a very specific time period in which I want to strace my
process and I know what I expect to see.

Has this behavior changed? If so, was the change on purpose?

- Bud