Advanced and improved absolute paths decoding

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Fri Mar 21 13:54:04 UTC 2014

On Fri, Mar 21, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Zubin Mithra <zubin.mithra at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 3:38 AM, Dmitry V. Levin <ldv at altlinux.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 09:20:25PM +0530, Zubin Mithra wrote:
>>> Hey everyone,
>>>
>>> Based on the valuable discussion above, I've written out a first draft
>>> of the proposal for the ideas related to path decoding and structured
>>> output.
>>>
>>> Please find the initial draft here[1] -- any opinions and feedback
>>> would be invaluable.
>>>

>>> Thanks,
>>> Zubin
>>> [1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SRbgSNkm4UWxsSF5rHiRpuZvQBSc6YCS9c6wL-TT--4/
>>
>> With regards to replacing all calls to tprintf/tprints with
>> another pair of functions with the same semantics, I recommend to avoid
>> mass renames that bring no benefit.  The same goal could be achieved by
>> converting tprintf/tprints functions to function pointers.
>>
>> I suppose implementing structured output would require converting
>> calls of unstructured tprintf/tprints functions to something well
>> structured, like printers of basic data types or their elements.
>
> Thank you very much for the feedback, Philippe and Dmitry. I've made a
> proposal submission at Melange.

Great! I saw that and it looks good so far.

> Can we join an IRC channel(#strace on freenode.net perhaps?)?

I guess we may be able to do something if needed at a later time, but
given the many timezones we are in and the fact it is usually best to
keep the discussions in one place (here in this list), I am personally
not super hot on this right now.

If you have a personal matter to discuss, you can reach out privately
by email too.

--
Philippe Ombredanne