Advanced and improved absolute paths decoding

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Wed Mar 19 22:08:50 UTC 2014

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 18, 2014 at 09:20:25PM +0530, Zubin Mithra wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> Based on the valuable discussion above, I've written out a first draft
> of the proposal for the ideas related to path decoding and structured
> output.
>
> Please find the initial draft here[1] -- any opinions and feedback
> would be invaluable.
>

> Thanks,
> Zubin
> [1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SRbgSNkm4UWxsSF5rHiRpuZvQBSc6YCS9c6wL-TT--4/

With regards to replacing all calls to tprintf/tprints with
another pair of functions with the same semantics, I recommend to avoid
mass renames that bring no benefit.  The same goal could be achieved by
converting tprintf/tprints functions to function pointers.

I suppose implementing structured output would require converting
calls of unstructured tprintf/tprints functions to something well
structured, like printers of basic data types or their elements.