porting strace to Bionic libc

enh enh at google.com
Mon Mar 3 21:19:54 UTC 2014

i think it would be the shortest ever GSOC project: as of last week,
tip of tree strace builds out of the box on tip of tree bionic :-)

i'm very tempted to have my intern this summer look at writing
decoders for Android's ioctls as a warm-up project for them. the
ioctls are in the main linux kernel staging area now; is that
"official" enough to be something you'd be interested in having in
strace?

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 4:26 AM, Philippe Ombredanne
<pombredanne at nexb.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 2:53 AM, enh <enh at google.com> wrote:
>> and this fixes decoding of fstat64 and friends for an arm32 binary
>> traced by an arm64 strace...
>
> Elliott:
> Beyond this do you think that there would be enough meat to have a
> GSOC project idea for a bionic port?
>
> and if yes would this be something you could be willing to mentor?
>
> --
> Philippe Ombredanne

Java i18n/JNI/NIO, or bionic questions? Mail me/drop by/add me as a reviewer.