Advanced and improved absolute paths decoding

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Sun Mar 2 11:00:24 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 5:57 PM, Zubin Mithra <zubin.mithra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey all,
> I'm Zubin and I love low level systems programming! :)
[...]
> I had a look at the ideas list here[1] and found the idea on improved path
> decoding quite interesting and was hoping we could discuss it further on the
> mailing list.

Hi Zubin:
thanks for your interest in strace and your detailed message and
initial investigations!

I wonder if the advanced path decoding itself would be large enough to
fill a whole 3 month GSOC project
What do you think?

While looking at path decoding is there other areas or ideas you could
consider too such as structured json output?

--
Philippe Ombredanne