GSOC 2014

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Sun Mar 2 10:14:33 UTC 2014

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 4:26 AM, Sanidhya Kashyap
<sanidhya.iiith at gmail.com> wrote:
> My name is Sanidhya, and I am Masters student at IIIT Hyderabad. I have been
> working in the area of OS and Virtualization from the past two and half
> years.
>
> This year, I am interested in participating in Google Summer of Code and I
> came across 'strace' which I happen to use regularly. I have gone through
> the project ideas and I am particularly interested in 'Comprehensive test
> suite' and 'Multi-OS and multiarch continuous test infrastructure'. What I
> think is that they both complement each other and I would definitely like to
> pursue these.
>
> I have just started looking at the code-base. But, I shall be grateful if
> anyone can give me some pointers about the parsers.

Hi Sanidhya!
Welcome to strace!
About multiarch, grep the code for personality and PERSONALITIES. This
should give you an idea of the problem and get you started
And you are right that a comprehensive test suite would go closely
hand in hand with this.

--
Philippe Ombredanne