[GSOC 2014][JSON] Current work of Yangmin for JSON output

yangmin zhu zym0017d at gmail.com
Tue Jun 24 15:00:06 UTC 2014

Hi Dmitry,

On Thu, Jun 19, 2014 at 2:01 AM, Dmitry V. Levin <ldv at altlinux.org> wrote:
> Hi YangMin,
>
> On Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 11:10:18PM +0800, yangmin zhu wrote:
> [...]
>> As Google says; "Mentors and students can begin submitting mid-term
>> evaluations." in [2],
>> I'm not sure what should I do or prepare for the mid-term evaluations?
>
> There seems to be nothing special, just a list of questions
> to be answered in time.  See also
> http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/document/show/gsoc_program/google/gsoc2014/help_page#9._How_do_evaluations_work
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCMentoring/evaluations/

Thank you for your information. I had just submitted my evaluations in
goolge-melange.
I can still be modify my evaluation before the deadline of the
mid-term evaluation. so if you have any questions please let me know
and I will
respond ASAP.

And for my code, IMHO, I think the base framework is becoming more and
more stable which may only need some small modifications.
Currently I am using a enum typedef to represent the events in output
and a special event function to trigger the events.
For example:
the declarations of the events and the function are:
typedef enum {
EVENT_NONE = 0,
... ...
EVENT_ARGS_BEGIN,
EVENT_ARG,
EVENT_ARGS_END,
... ...
SEPARATOR    = 0x20000,
... ...
} json_type_event;
void json_event(int counts, ...);

The usage of the funcitons is:
json_event(3, EVENT_ARG | SEPARATOR, EVENT_ARG | SEPARATOR, EVENT_ARG);

My next plan is to write a new function to trigger those events, the
prototype will be like: void json_event(const char *event_string);
And Then I can call it like json_event("arg, arg, arg"); which means I
want to use a special event string to replace the enum constants.
This is very similar to the printf() and its format string.

After this modification, I will start to modify the current code in
strace to use this framework (I had already done this for syscalls in
io.c and entering/exiting of sycalls in syscall.c).

If you have any suggestions please let me know.
And again, thank you for your help!
---
YangMin