strace -f -c segfaults if I pthread_create and fcntl(F_GETFL)

yangmin zhu zym0017d at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 09:02:08 UTC 2014

Hi wang,

On Fri, Jul 18, 2014 at 7:11 AM, D Wang <dwang at janestreet.com> wrote:
> (Please copy dwang at janestreet.com on reply, as I am not subscribed to the list.)
>

> What's going wrong?  Is there any workaround?  If not, is this
> something you would fix?  (No urgency on my end, but I think this is a
> reasonable thing to support eventually.)

I'm not sure why did strace segfault in this situation. And I can also
reproduce this segfault in
strace -- version 4.5.19(CentOS 6.4 64bit).

But I tried it in another system of strace -- version 4.8(Ubuntu 14.04
64bit), There aren't any segfaults and everything
goes right, I can get the expected output in this situation.

Maybe you can just upgrade your strace to the latest stable version
and hava a try again.
Hope this help.

Thank You
--