Introduction

Rajul Srivastava rajul.iitkgp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 14:31:23 UTC 2014

Hi all,

My name in Rajul, and I am a final year undergraduate student at the Indian
Institute of Technology Kharagpur. I wish to participate in
Google Summer of Code 2014, and while going through the list of
organisations, I came across "*strace*". I am proficient with programming
languages C/C++, Python, Java, Groovy, Ruby. I am very interested in the
fields of System Programming, Computer Organisation and Architecture and
Operating Systems.

I have always been interested in programming and in the past I have
participated in Google Summer of Code 2012, with the organisation
Network Time Foundation,working on the project "improving the
Logging/Debugging System of Network Time Protocol Software". I have also
interned in the Global Technology division of Barclays, during the summers
of 2013, working with the Market Risk IT team. Besides I have worked on a
few Research projects in the fields
of Computational Finance, Complex Networks, and Computational Chemistry. I
am currently working on my Thesis project in the field
of Computational Sciences on a project titled "Network Analysis
of Chemical Reactions". I have had courses in the fields of Programming and
Data Structures, Complex Networks, Distributed Systems,
Algorithms, Operations Research in the past.

I have gone through the list of project ideas and I found most of the
project ideas very interesting. Although I find all the projects listed
worth a while, I am particularly interested in the "*Reliable
multiarchitecture support*" and "*Advanced and improved absolute paths
decoding*" projects. I suppose that my programming background is suitable
for these projects.

I shall be grateful if anyone can help me and give me reference to the
documentation that I may use to get myself started with the code-base and
also shed some light on how I can go about making a successful proposal.

Thanks!!

Best Regards,
Rajul

--