GSOC candidature submitted for strace: now looking for more project ideas and mentor candidates

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Fri Feb 14 11:07:23 UTC 2014

Howdy fierce tracers!
We have submitted strace as a candidate project for the Google Summer
of Code (GSOC) 2014.

What this means -- if strace is accepted -- is that we may have a few
students that may submit projects ideas to contribute to strace.
We will need to review these submissions and eventually accept a few
ones if we can mentor them.

The list of project ideas is at
https://sourceforge.net/p/strace/wiki/GoogleSummerOfCode2014/

What other ideas would you come up with?

We need to have a few volunteer mentors to coach and guide each of
these few students as they contribute to strace.

Would you volunteer?

--
Philippe Ombredanne