Google summer of code participation?

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Thu Feb 6 00:03:02 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 2:01 AM, Dmitry V. Levin <ldv at altlinux.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 04, 2014 at 07:35:03PM +0100, Philippe Ombredanne wrote:
>> All:
>> Is there any interest in participating the Google Summer of code as an 'org'?
> Yes, I can name at least two more ideas suitable for GSoC:
> - Reliable multiarch support.  The way how it's implemented now is
>   inherently unreliable, parsers for the given personality have to be
>   compiled for that personality.
> - Comprehensive test suite.  The test suite we have now is far from
>   covering all branches of all parsers yet.

 Excellent:
 so Dmitry, since you are the core maintainer of strace, do I have
your OK to submit the strace project as a candidate mentoring project
for the GSOC?

Here are more details:
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2014

There is no rush to decide since there are a few more days left before
the deadline of Feb 14.

There would be a need to have a second name as an "org" admin. I am
assuming that would be you Dmitry, unless some other maintainer wants
to jump in.

And submitting strace as a project does not mean it will be accepted,
and if accepted it does not mean we would get any student allocated.

So at the moment submitting strace to GSOC would be just a potential
opportunity.
Cordially
--
Philippe Ombredanne