Google summer of code participation?

Philippe Ombredanne pombredanne at nexb.com
Tue Feb 4 18:35:03 UTC 2014

All:
Is there any interest in participating the Google Summer of code as an 'org'?
The benefit is to have one or a few select students working to propose
patches on strace for 3 months compensated by Google.
I am sure there are a few good ideas that we could submit for student
to work on.

I am rather familiar with the GSOC process, having managed the program
for the Eclipse foundation a few years back.

For instance one of such ideas could be to work out a JSON output,
which is likely a rather involved piece of work.
There are likely several other areas of higher priorities that you
would want someone tasked to work on or solve.

Any thoughts? I would be glad to take care of it.
--
Philippe Ombredanne