[RFC] gradually moving strace from ptrace to perf

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Tue Sep 24 13:11:33 UTC 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 14:51:41 +0200, Denys Vlasenko wrote:
> What happens here is that traced process exited by the time
> strace saw open() syscall data. Fetching of filename didn't
> succeed, strace got ESCRH trying to do that:

I had some alternative attempt using systemtap instead:
	http://post-office.corp.redhat.com/archives/perftools-list/2011-February/msg00008.html
That download URL is invalid there now:
	git clone git://git.jankratochvil.net/staptrace
	http://git.jankratochvil.net/?p=staptrace.git;a=blob;f=src/staptrace.stp

The whole output trace line is created in kernel so it has access to all the
needed parameters content.

The script needed some rework as suggested by David Smith in that thread above
but that was never done:

Jan