a framework for use in tests

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Wed May 8 23:30:37 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 08, 2013 at 02:46:08PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Wednesday 08 May 2013 14:22:37 Mike Frysinger wrote:
> > On Wednesday 08 May 2013 12:08:14 Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
[...]
> > > I'm inclined to rewrite that part of the test in C,
> > > so that more "long long" syscalls could be tested.
> >
> > so i've been maintaining a testsuite specifically designed to exercise
> > specific C lib funcs and syscalls.  it's a framework that makes poking
> > funcs from the command line dirt simple.  i wonder if it wouldn't find a
> > good home in strace.

So the most of testsuite appears to be written already.  Isn't it nice? :)

I'm perfectly OK to take it as a base for strace testsuite, but it might
be not quite convenient for sandbox.git to pull the whole strace.git just
to use some *-0.c files.

> or maybe a neutral ground as a sub-project of LTP ?  and strace/sandbox can
> pull them in as git submodules.  seems like it'd be a good fit in the LTP
> umbrella.  i have commit access there too, so it's not like it'd be hard.

I'm not sure about LTP for the same technical reason: pulling the whole
ltp.git just to use one little subproject is inconvenient.

Maybe it's worth creating a standalone project?