Signal issue with strace

Raghavendra D Prabhu raghu.prabhu13 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 21:54:01 UTC 2013

Hi,

I am seeing the following with SIGCONT/STOP:

1) sleep 1000
2) oid=$!
3) strace -p $oid

Other shell:

a) kill -STOP $oid

Now, strace prints "--- stopped by SIGSTOP ---" which is right
but trying to Ctrl-C to break strace fails. I guess this may be
expected.

Now, after kill -CONT $oid, strace doesn't recover at all. (I had
to SIGKILL it). Note, that this happens only when SIGINT was sent (to strace)
earlier with Ctrl-C, otherwise strace resumes with

--- SIGCONT {si_signo=SIGCONT, si_code=SI_USER, si_pid=46443, si_uid=1000} ---
restart_syscall(<... resuming interrupted call ...>

So, are either (or both) of these behaviors bugs?

Regards,
--
Raghavendra Prabhu