Strace GUI

Alexander Kriegisch kriegaex at freetz.org
Sat Nov 26 14:01:26 UTC 2011

Hi!

I know this is semi-OT, but anyway I hope someone can give me a hint:

Does anyone know of a tool which helps me analyse strace logs with many
forks? I see a lot of mixed up unfinished/resumed lines with different
PIDs. The alternative of creating separate log files for forks (option
"-ff") is nice for analysing a single (sub-)process, but lacks the
chronological bird's eye view  of "-f".

I am looking for something like what wireshark is to tcpdump, i.e. a GUi
in which I can interactively filter, search and compare stuff. I would
like to be able to filter by PID, syscall name etc. I guess strace is
incredibly helpful, but when a user is not very experienced and knows
exactly what to look for, a flexible GUI tool would be nice.
--
Alexander Kriegisch (kriegaex)
http://freetz.org