Make strace correctly handle SIGTRAP produced by e.g.

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Mon Sep 7 23:04:47 UTC 2009

On Mon, Sep 07, 2009 at 11:54:31AM -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> It's again been weeks since I said "let's release it now" and nobody has
> followed up on the release work.  Let's do it already!

Two months ago I said that I'd like to see reintroduced one change (which
was lost with big revert commit) made by Denys: "Replace many more bare
ptrace calls with calls to wrappers which do proper error-checking and
set tcp->ptrace_errno."  Unfortunately, I failed to allocate time required
to implement and test it.  Anyway, current HEAD is much better than last
release made more than a year ago.