preparing to 4.5.19 release

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Mon Oct 12 21:33:46 UTC 2009

On Mon, Oct 12, 2009 at 05:08:35PM -0400, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Monday 12 October 2009 16:36:43 Dmitry V. Levin wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, everything looks OK, except build failure on Debian sparc.
> >
> > With help of Mike and Frederik, this problem should be fixed in HEAD now.
> > That is, we hopefully have no more release stopper issues.
> >
> > I've just built and tested strace from HEAD on x86 and x86-64.
> > Looks like there are no regressions.  It would be good to ensure that
> > all other supported architectures are also OK.
>
> ive checked simple bfin/x86/x86_64/sparc32.  is there some testsuite i dont
> know about ?

I'm not aware of regular strace testsuite, so it has to be written yet.

When I add parsers for new syscalls or extend/fix already existing
parsers, I usually write simple programs to test these specific syscalls.
Sometimes I test strace on some of these test programs.

Long time ago I wrote a tool to calculate package build dependencies, and
its essential part is a strace output postprocessor.  I still use this
tool both to track build dependencies and to test strace for regressions.