Can't build strace 4.5.18 on arm with 2.6.29 kernel?

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon May 4 07:54:20 UTC 2009

It says:

  In file included from syscall.c:129:
  linux/arm/syscallent.h:435:3: error: #error fix me
  linux/arm/syscallent.h:457:3: error: #error fix me

I glanced at it but don't understand what's wrong.  (I'm not sure if this was
the syscall count changing in 2.6.29, or arm never being supported as a
native host?)  Any clues where to start?

I went to strace.sf.net which redirected me to the sourceforge project page,
which confirms 4.5.18 is still the most recent release, and has no mention of
a mailing list.  Digging through the source code to find one, the README
said:

  You can get the latest version of strace from its homepage at
  http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/strace/ .

Which went away in 2006 according to archive.org.

The README-linux file says I need "at least a 2.2.7 or newer kernel" and notes
that I can link /usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm to the corresponding
directories in my kernel source.

Rob