Updates to the debian directory

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Thu Nov 1 20:12:45 UTC 2007

Sorry for the slow reply.  I've been letting all strace mail pile up again.

> * debian/rules: Remove manual install calls and udeb creation logic, use
>   debhelper tools instead.
>   Fixes Debian#396682.
>
> * debian/compat: New file.
> * debian/strace-udeb.install: New file.
> * debian/strace.install: New file.
> * debian/strace.manpages: New file.
>
> * debian/rules : Add dh_md5sums call.
>   Fixes Debian#439428.
>
> * debian/control (strace-udeb): Add XC-Package-Type: header

The norm is to post the fragment in ChangeLog format, complete with header
(C-x 4 a).  i.e.:

2007-11-01  Frederik Schueler  <fs at debian.org>

	* debian/rules: Remove manual install calls and udeb creation logic,
	use debhelper tools instead.
	Fixes Debian#396682.

	* debian/compat: New file.
	* debian/strace-udeb.install: New file.
	* debian/strace.install: New file.
	* debian/strace.manpages: New file.

	* debian/rules: Add dh_md5sums call.
	Fixes Debian#439428.

	* debian/control (strace-udeb): Add XC-Package-Type: header

Also, I have heretofore made ChangeLog entries for all files, including
debian/changelog.  A trivial entry like, "Update log." is fine, just so the
file name and date of change are always listed in ChangeLog.

Given correct ChangeLog form, all those changes are fine by me.  (I didn't
really look into the debian/* magic in detail, I assume you know what's right.)
Please go ahead and commit.  (In general it's best to do individual commits
for each logically separate change, i.e. those that go together into a
paragraph in ChangeLog.  But it doesn't really matter.)

Thanks,
Roland