[patch] test/leaderkill fix
jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Fri Jul 6 21:48:15 UTC 2007
here is a patch to fix the current testcase test/leaderkill (WAITPID on
a thread group where non-leader calls EXIT_GROUP).
The current PTRACE_KILL is there since Roland McGrath's original threads
-------------- next part --------------
2007-07-06 Jan Kratochvil <jan.kratochvil at redhat.com>
* strace.c (handle_group_exit): Removed killing the threads leader.
--- strace.c 5 Jul 2007 20:03:16 -0000 1.80
+++ strace.c 6 Jul 2007 21:41:34 -0000
@@ -2121,22 +2121,17 @@ handle_group_exit(struct tcb *tcp, int s
/* We need to detach the leader so
that the process death will be
reported to its real parent.
- But we kill it first to prevent
- it doing anything before we kill
- the whole process in a moment.
- We can use PTRACE_KILL on a
- thread that's not already
- stopped. Then the value we pass
- in PTRACE_DETACH just sets the
- death signal reported to the
- real parent.
- FIXME: This killing gets caught by
- WAITPID of the leader's parent.
+ We neither kill it (as the killing
+ would be returned to its parent by
+ WAITPID) nor we stop it (as SIGSTOP
+ could stop the whole process).
+ If the leader does something
+ unexpected there must be a race in
+ the traced program.
Testcase: test/leaderkill.c */
- ptrace(PTRACE_KILL, leader->pid, 0, 0);
- " [%d exit %d kills %d]\n",
+ " [%d exit %d, leader %d]\n",
tcp->pid, sig, leader->pid);
More information about the Strace-devel