Enh Req: Make SIGUSR1 stop tracing

Jim Avera jima at cadence.com
Wed Jan 31 20:17:19 UTC 2007

Hmm, good idea, I will try that.

But it would still be convenient to tell strace after the fact to
detach.
In my case, there are several concurrent processes running the same
executable, and it is a bit difficult to determine which one was
started by my test script after the fact (the actual fork is done by
a large program I can't change easily, and the PID isn't logged).

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion.

-Jim

P.S. FYI my initial email to strace-devel at lists.sourceforge.net got a
strangely
truncated bounce message (which I will attach).  Something may be wrong
with sourceforge.