strace-users?

Mathias Koerber mathias at koerber.org
Sun Apr 2 18:38:04 UTC 2006

Is there an strace-users list this may be more appropriate for?

I am looking for a way to determine whether (and how) a system-call
has modified a buffer (struct ... *buffer).

The man-page says strace knows how to determine which arguments
are input and which output and prints them accordingly. I would
like to see this particular struct pointed to bet the argument
both at the start and end of the system call..

Is there any way to do this?

PS: This is on FreeBSD-5.4, so pointers to any other tool which
can do this would be helpful.