following forks

Michal Ludvig michal-linux at logix.cz
Tue Nov 18 00:23:13 UTC 2003

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:

> On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 01:05:03PM +0100, Michal Ludvig wrote:
> > Or is there an easier way to follow forks? (inspecting all syscalls
> > feels like an overkill for this task...)
>
> If you can use recent kernels, take a look at the way I do it at GDB.

That way it's really easy! Thanks ;-)

Is there a documentation (or updated manpage for ptrace) somewhere?
There is not a word about ptrace(PTRACE_SETOPTIONS) and all those
PTRACE_O_TRACE* flags in my manpages and it's not too comfortable to use
gdb sources as a reference ;-)

Michal Ludvig
--
* A mouse is a device used to point at the xterm you want to type in.
* Personal homepage - http://www.logix.cz/~mic