[SSI-devel] strace on Alpha with SSI

John Hughes john at Calva.COM
Fri Jan 31 00:38:04 UTC 2003

> After some hack on strace i got it work locally with migrate call.
> I am still debugging  what made strace fail when application moved
> to  other node. Here is the patch for strace.
> +	{ 2,	0,	printargs,		"ssisys"	}, /*
390 */
> +	{ 1,	0,	printargs,		"rfork"	}, 	   /*
391 */
> +	{ 4,	0,	printargs,		"rexecve"	}, /*
392 */
> +	{ 1,	0,	printargs,		"migrate"	}, /*
393 */

Are the linux versions of ssisys, rfork, rexecve much like the
UnixWare ones?  If they are you should be able to do a bit better
than printargs.  sys_ssisys is system.c, #ifdef'ed on HAVE_NSCSYS_H.

By the way, the "strace way" of doing this would be to put
"sys_ssisys", "sys_rfork" and so on instead of printargs, and
#define sys_ssisys printargs in dummy.h

I'll have to get around to scrounging up enough hardware to make
myself a Linux SSI cluster soon.