strace 4.4.90 test release

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Fri Jan 10 04:33:04 UTC 2003

Hi kids!

I have made a new release of strace for testing purposes, called 4.4.90.
As you might guess from the name, this is what I expect to be called 4.5 as
soon it gets some more fixes.

The sources can be got from http://sourceforge.net/projects/strace/
and I've also uploaded the source package to Debian (same files).
There is a .deb there for powerpc as well, but YMMV with that.

There is an rpm spec file included in the sources now as well, so you can
use "rpmbuild -ta strace_4.4.90-1.tar.gz" to build it on an rpm-based system.

The sourceforge CVS repository has the tag v4_4_90 for the current state
that produced these release files.

For those building by hand, it may be notable that the distribution now
uses Autoconf-2.57 and Automake-1.7.2.  I don't recommend regenerating
configure and Makefile.in unless you have those versions.

This version has problems with -f on Linux/IA64 2.4.x and on Linux/S390.
I would appreciate help fixing those from people who grok those machines.
The canonical test case is "strace -f /usr/bin/time /bin/true".

Enjoy,
Roland

Bye kids!