clone on Linux

Ganesan Rajagopal rganesan at myrealbox.com
Wed Jan 3 13:25:54 UTC 2001

> 2. Once in a while I get a message "--- SIGRT_0 (Real-time signal 0) ---"
> and the strace exits. This happens more often with the 2.2.18 kernel. I
> have not debugged this further but it appears that strace needs to handle
> a LinuxThreads specific signal.

I spent some more time debugging this and sigishandled() seems to be failing
for this signal 32. The preceding lines in strace output like this:

rt_sigprocmask(SIG_SETMASK, NULL, [HUP INT QUIT PIPE ALRM TERM CHLD RT_0], 8) = 0
rt_sigsuspend([HUP INT QUIT PIPE ALRM TERM CHLD] <unfinished ...>
--- SIGRT_0 (Real-time signal 0) ---

Btw, wouldn't it make sense to add a ptrace kernel option to get this
information instead of going through /proc?

Ganesan

--
R. Ganesan (rganesan at novell.com)       | Ph: 91-80-5721856 Ext: 2149
Novell India Development Center.       | #include <std_disclaimer.h>