[GSOC] Hello world!

Dmitry V. Levin ldv at altlinux.org
Mon May 9 22:51:55 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 09, 2016 at 10:46:47AM +0800, Yun-Chih Chen wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     I had been wondering why QEMU could run into segmentation faults
> in some architectures.  ( and I thought it only happened on me XD )

AFAICT, this is innate QEMU property. :)

> The docker approach does seem more approachable:  first crossbuild
> using this hub[1], then run the binary with this[2].  I have
> successfully built+run a helloworld using such approach. We might have
> to customize the Dockerfile in [1] because some tools such as autoconf
> is missing.  I will try this first.

There is no necessity to run bootstrap script in qemu for every
architecture.  It might be worth creating a tarball from git using
(a stripped down version of) make-dist script first, and use this
tarball for all subsequent builds.

>     I will assume that strace supports architectures listed in [3].

At this moment strace passes its tests on the following architectures:

alpha
arm64
armel
armhf
hppa
i386
ia64
mips
mipsel
ppc
ppc64el
s390
s390x
sparc
x32
x86_64

mips64el does not pass tests, other supported architectures
are not covered by periodic tests.