preparing to 4.5.19 release

Roland McGrath roland at redhat.com
Wed Oct 7 01:05:32 UTC 2009

I committed some nits to make for a happy make distcheck (d087571).  After
that, everything looks good to me.  I did some unofficial/unsaved builds in
the Fedora buildsystem at http://koji.fedoraproject.org/scratch/roland
(they only stay there for a day or two), which came out fine--happy builds
anyway, I didn't actually try the packages.

When it's really ready to go I'll replace your %changelog header line in
strace.spec and tag it v4.5.19.  It's not that I wouldn't like to give you
the credit for making those updates (and I'll keep your name in there), but
I like to keep strace.spec in the dist verbatim as used for official Fedora
builds, and Fedora kosher says that the top entry should be by the person
(and date) who actually commits the spec to Fedora and does the build.  So
unless you'd like to sign on as a Fedora co-maintainer and do that
yourself, too, the pro forma %changelog header line will always need to
wind up under my name or Andreas.

I'd like Frederik and Andreas to reply that they see no problems, and then
I'll tag it and push out to sourceforge and Fedora.  In the next cycle, I
would be pleased to have Andreas and/or Dmitry do either or both of those
last steps when we've agreed on the git rev for the release.

Thanks,
Roland